This procedure assumes that you have an existing Ledger Nano S which has already been initialized and configured with recovery phrase and a PIN code.
1. Go to this site -- https://shop.ledger.com/pages/ledger-live (or you can optionally go to https://ledger.com and click on the Downloads menu option)
2. Click on Download Now or choose the appropriate platform to download Ledger Live.
4. Once Ledger Live software download is complete, Install it on your device
5. Launch the Ledger Live application on your device.
6. Connect the Ledger Nano S to your device using the provided USB cable.
7. Enter PIN code on your Ledger Nano S.
8. In the Ledger Live app, if it is your first time running the app connecting to an already initialized Ledger Nano S, perform the following steps:
a. Click on Use an initialized device b. Select your device (Ledger Nano S) c. Answer the Security Checklist Questions prompted on screen
9. The following screen will appear, requesting Allow Ledger Manager on your device
10. Check your Ledger Nano S and accept the request (button on the right) to Allow Ledger manager
11. Back on your computer, click on Manager menu option, which will take you to the App catalog screen
12. At the time of writing this document, Cosmos is not yet available on the main App catalog in Ledger Live. Therefore it can only be enabled via Developer Mode.
To enable Developer Mode:
a. Go to Settings ⚙️ on Ledger Live. b. Click on Experimental Features tab. c. Swipe to enable Developer Mode
13. Once you've got Developer Mode enabled, you should see Cosmos at the Manager menu option.
14. Type in “Cosmos” under the App catalog to search for the Cosmos app, which might display two versions -- COSMOS Version 1.1.1 and Cosmos Version 1.5.#
15. Click Install on Cosmos Version 1.5.# (or whichever is the latest version now)
16. Cosmos app now should be available on your Ledger Nano S
Congratulations! You're done with creating a wallet on the Ledger Nano S.